This form of product packaging is probably the most popular among pharmaceutical, beauty, and toy products. For anyone not familiar with blister packaging, a traditional blister pack is known as a face seal blister and has a cardboard back. The plastic blister is fixed to the front of the cardboard, to contain and protect the product. And it is typically made out of two components; the pocket and the backing. The pocket holds and protects the product, it is usually made out of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and the backing can and often is made out of foil, paper, or plastic. A blister can be made in any shape a uniform shape to protect the product.
Advantages of blister packaging:
- Safe storage and protection from damage.
- Blister packaging guards products against oxygen and humidity and other environmental threats.
- Visibility of the product. Blisters are usually made out of see-through materials, which allows your product to be clearly visible.
- Dosage and serving size control.
- Design versatility and multiple ways to display the product.
Examples of products that blister packaging works great with:
- Electronic accessories.
- Pharmaceutical (tablets, pills).
- Dental (toothbrushes, floss).
- Office supplies (pens, pins, clips, glue).
- Fragile delicate products.
DMS Packaging offers different types of blister packaging. If you are not sure if it is the best solution for you, send us an email with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply give us a call at 847-907-3700. We would be happy to assist you with your project. Our consultative approach to an innovative end-to-end service will make the process as simple as possible.